What is DVP641-33?
TAKE NOTICE that the Columbia Shuswap Regional District has received an application from Blueberry Hill Land Corporation for a Development Variance Permit which, if issued, would waive several sections of Subdivision Servicing Bylaw No. 641 with regard to water servicing as listed below. The requested variances are to the servicing requirements for Proposed Lot 2 on the Proposed Plan of Subdivision as shown on Page 3 of this letter:
- 1. Section 8.2 for Proposed Lot 2 by waiving the requirement that all new lots be provided with an Independent On-site Water System; and
- 2. Section 8.6 for Proposed Lot 2 by waiving the requirement that a person must not proceed to develop any water source or construct any water system until documentation for all information required under subsections 8.11 through 8.12 has been received and approved by the Manager, Environment and Engineering Services (Operations Management) or his designate; and
- 3. Section 8.7 for Proposed Lot 2 by waiving the requirement that if the owner is required under the bylaw to engage a Qualified Professional, a person must not commence any work, study or analysis related to the proposed development of an Independent On-site Water System without the involvement of a Qualified Professional; and
- 4. Section 8.8 for Proposed Lot 2 by waiving the requirement that each Independent On-site Water System must be capable of providing, year round, at least 2,275 litres of potable water per day for each Parcel that includes, or can be reasonably expected in the future to include, a residential Dwelling Unit; and
- 5. Section 8.9 for Proposed Lot 2 by waiving the requirement that each Independent On-site Water System must meet each of the water quantity and water quality requirements for the relevant subdivision type as set out in Table 1; and
- 6. Section 8.14(b) for Proposed Lot 2 by waiving the requirement that the Owner shall engage a Qualified Professional to manage all aspects of developing an Independent On-site Water System if the proposed parcels are each less than 2 ha in area; and
- 7. Section 8.14(c) for Proposed Lot 2 by waiving the requirement that the Owner shall engage a Qualified Professional to manage all aspects of developing an Independent On-site Water System if the proposed subdivision is not located in an area indicated as being within a known aquifer, as identified on the Mapping for Areas of Groundwater Concern.
The property which is the subject of the Development Variance Permit is located in Nicholson near Golden, BC and the parent parcel is described as Lot 8, Section 35, Township 25, Range 21, West of the 5th Meridian, Kootenay District, Plan NEP66313 as more particularly shown outlined in black on the map below.
How can I find out more about this permit application?
A copy of the proposed permit application and relevant background documents may be inspected at the Columbia Shuswap Regional District (CSRD), 555 Harbourfront Drive NE, Salmon Arm, BC between the hours of 9:00 AM and 4:00 PM, beginning Friday, February 5th, 2019 and ending Thursday, February 21st, 2019 (excluding Saturdays, Sundays and Statutory holidays); or, contact the staff person listed below.
How do I send a written submission about this permit application?
Written submissions will be accepted at the CSRD until 4:00 PM on Tuesday, February 19th, 2019. The Board of the CSRD considers the author's name and residential address relevant to the Board's consideration of this matter and should be included in your Submission. The author's phone number and email address are not relevant to the Board’s consideration of this matter and should not be included in the written submission. Written submissions received by the CSRD are subject to public disclosure and a copy may be provided to the applicant. Please clearly write "DVP Submission – DVP641-33" on your submission. Written submissions may be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org or to the address above.
Where and when will the permit be considered for issuance?
At the CSRD, 555 Harbourfront Drive NE, Salmon Arm, BC, during the Regular Board Meeting commencing at 9:30 AM on February 21st, 2019.
The Board meeting is open for public attendance, however, there is no specific opportunity for the public to provide verbal or written submissions about this permit application at this meeting.
Who can I contact about this permit application?
Christine LeFloch, Development Services Assistant