The Boil Water Notice issued for the Sorrento Water System on May 1, 2018, has been downgraded to a Water Quality Advisory.
Elevated turbidity levels (cloudiness) in the drinking water supply at the Sorrento Water System indicate a WATER QUALITY ADVISORY be issued for users as required by Interior Health. Users are advised that consuming water from this source may pose a health risk. This is not a mandatory Boil Water notice.
Precaution should be taken for:
- People with weakened immune systems or chronic illness
- People under 12 and over 65 years of age
- People seeking additional protection
How to take precaution:
- Boil water for one minute and allow to cool before use
- Use an alternative water source (bottled water)
This advisory is in effect due to higher than normal turbidity levels at the water intake. The advisory will remain in place until further notice. The CSRD will advise when the Water Quality Advisory is lifted through website updates and media releases.
For further information please contact:
Columbia Shuswap Regional District