The following information was provided by the Surveyor of Taxes at the Rural Property Tax Office of the Province of BC:
There may be an issue with the primary address not displaying on the new 2017 Rural Tax Notice.
- Many rural properties have more than one property address but only one address can be displayed on the tax notice. The address displayed on your 2017 rural property tax notice may not be the address normally used for your property.
- This is being reviewed and will be corrected for next year.
- The property address displayed on your rural tax notice does not affect your property tax payment or home owner grant application in any way.
- Please use the Folio Number shown on the notice when making your payment. The Folio Number has changed from previous years. Refer to the insert included with your tax notice for more information.
A sample of the new 2017 rural tax notice can be found on the provincial website at www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/taxes/property-taxes/annual-property-tax/understand/tax-notice/sample. The tax notice has a payment remittance on the bottom and the home owner grant application is now a separate form.
Homeowner grants can be applied for:
- On the web via eTaxBC – no enrolment/logon is required
- Via telephone 1.888.355.2700 option 3
- At Service BC
- By mail
For rural property tax related inquiries contact the property tax information line 250.387.0555 or email@example.com. Another alternative for taxpayer assistance would be visiting the Service BC office.