There are two ways citizens can attend: in person or electronically via the Zoom platform.
1. In-person attendance
You can attend a public meeting or open house providing all the requirements for physical distancing can be met. In order to satisfy physical distancing requirements, public attendance at meetings will be limited based on the capacity of the venue. The CSRD will attempt to advertise the room capacity for the public prior to the meeting.
All attendees, including CSRD staff, elected officials and members of the public, must agree and adhere to the following protocols to attend a meeting or open house:
2. Electronic Attendance
Electronic attendance at public meetings or open houses is available for individuals who may prefer this option rather than attending in person.
The CSRD will be using Zoom, a web-based meeting platform, for viewing the meeting and the public can attend by phone or computer. Attendees will be able to watch and/or listen to the proceedings live, and will be able to interact during any open question period by using the Raise Hand feature on the Zoom platform. You can use this feature to alert the moderator that you would like to speak during the hearing. By doing this, the moderator will be alerted that you wish to speak and will unmute your microphone when it is your turn.
Electronic public meetings or open houses will provide the same opportunity for interested parties to have their opinions heard or questions answered.
- The Chairperson will preside over the in-person public hearing and moderate the inclusion of electronic participants into the process.
- CSRD staff will monitor electronic and phone communication to create a speakers list to enable participation for those that wish to comment.
- The meeting Chair will provide alternating opportunities between in-person, electronic and phone attendees for those wishing to speak; and,
- Participants will be restricted to provide comment to the hearing by audio only.
- The CSRD will be using Zoom, a web-based meeting platform, for electronic public meetings and the public can attend by phone or computer to listen, observe or participate.
- Information and a registration link are provided on the Events tab of the CSRD website on the date of the scheduled meeting.
If you are having technical difficulties, please contact Brad Payne, Manager, IT/GIS Services, at 250.833.5909 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Zoom has directions for users to get started whether you are using Windows or a Mac computer. Click the button below for detailed instructions.
There are two ways to join a CSRD Zoom meeting:
- Via a link - If you have been sent the link to the meeting via email, click on the link. (This will start a new tab in your web browser.) You will be prompted to enter for the meeting password. Enter the password in the space provided. The password will be found on the page located under the Events tab of the CSRD website for the date of the meeting. The password will be listed below the link.
- Via a meeting ID and password - If you have the meeting ID and password, enter it in the spaces provided and then click "Join."
Zoom controls for participants
If you would like to say something during the meeting, please use the Raise Hand feature.
This can be found by moving your computer mouse to the bottom of your screen. The Raise Hand feature will be one of the options to pop up. You can use this feature to alert the moderator that you would like to speak. By doing this, the moderator will be alerted that you wish to speak and will unmute your microphone when it is your turn.
Here is a video from Zoom that goes over how to join a meeting.
You can join a Zoom meeting via teleconferencing/audio conferencing (using a traditional phone). This is useful when:
- you do not have a microphone or speaker on your PC/Mac,
- you do not have a smartphone (iOS or Android) while on the road, or
- you cannot connect to a network for video and VoIP (computer audio).
Joining a meeting by phone only
Step 1 - Dial an in-country number. If you dial a toll number, your carrier rates will apply. You can find the numbers to call in on the webpage for the public hearing, which is located on the Events tab of the CSRD website under the date of the meeting.
A password is required. The password is the same whether you use a computer or a telephone to access the meeting.
Step 2 - You will be prompted to enter the meeting ID - the nine (9), ten (10), or eleven (11) digit ID provided to you, followed by #. You will find the meeting ID on the email you received.
Step 3 - If the meeting has not already started and you join before host is enabled, you will be prompted to press # to wait if you are participant. If you are asked to provide a participant ID for the meeting, simply press #.
Phone controls for participants
If you would like to say something, the following command can be entered using your phone's dial pad while in a Zoom meeting:
Press *9 - This is the Raise Hand feature - You can use this feature to alert the moderator that you would like to speak.
Zoom has instructions for people who want to use the telephone feature. This will provide step-by-step direction for using your phone to access a meeting.