DATE: Wednesday, June 12, 2019
TIME: 3:00 PM
PLACE: Boulder Room, Revelstoke Community Centre
600 Campbell Avenue, Revelstoke BC
1. Call to order – Determination of quorum
2. Documentation of members, staff, applicant and public present
3. Agenda Items:
Electoral Area B Official Community Plan Development Amendment (Illecillewaet Development Inc.) Bylaw No. 85012 and Electoral Area B Zoning Amendment (Illecillewaet Development Inc.) Bylaw No. 851-15
Owner/ Applicant:Illecillewaet Development Inc./ Illecillewaet Development Partnership Ltd.
Agent: Black Tie Properties LP (c/o Jason Roe and Gemma Woods
- Block A, Section 3, Township 24, Range 1, W6M, Kootenay District, Except Part Included in Plans 15088 and NEP22512 (PID: 018-834-434);
- Legal Subdivision 4, Section 3, Township 24, Range 1, W6M, Kootenay District, Except Parts included in R/W Plans 633A and 15088 and Plan NEP22512 (PID: 016-775-988);
- That Part of Legal Subdivision 3, Section 3, Township 24, Range 1, W6M, Kootenay District, Which lies west of a line parallel to and 5 chains distant from the westerly boundary, Except parts included in R/W Plans 633A and 15088 (PID: 016-777-751);
- Legal Subdivision 16, Section 33, Township 23, Range 1, W6M, Kootenay District, Except Parts included in R/W 36 (PID: 016-777-905);
- That Part of the SE ¼, Section 4, Township 24, Range 1, W6M, Kootenay District Which lies to the South of the left bank of the Illecillewaet River, Except (1) Part included in R/W DD12340, (2) Part included in R/W Plan 633A, and (3) Part included in Plans 15089 and NEP22512 (PID: 018-522-475);
- That Part of Fractional Legal Subdivision 14, Section 33, Township 23, Range 1, W6M, Kootenay District, Which lies south of the left bank of the Illecillewaet River, Except Parts included in R/W Plans 633A and R/W 35 (PID: 016-777-883); and,
- Legal Subdivision 15, Section 33, Township 23, Range 1, W6M, Kootenay District, Except Parts included in R/W Plans 633A and R/W 35 (PID: 016-777-891)
Civic Address: 354 Leoffler Road / Greely Road
The properties that are the subject of this OCP/rezoning amendment application are located at Greely south and east of the City of Revelstoke south of the Trans-Canada Highway and across the Illecillewaet River in in Electoral Area ‘B’.
A number of these properties on the south side of the CPR main line had already been re-designated and rezoned for the Revelstoke Adventure Park proposed development by the Board in Bylaws No. 850-11 and 851-10 in November, 2016. The adventure park will combine recreational activities such as hiking, trail riding, bungee jumping, rock climbing, zip lining, rope courses, and mountain biking, with accommodation options such as hotels, tourist cabins, RV Park and yurts. Food services and commercial opportunities will also be featured.
As portions of some of the original properties were in the Agricultural Land Reserve (ALR), a large portion of the accommodation necessary to support the Adventure Park was eliminated from the previously adopted Bylaws at second reading, to conform to ALR Regulations. The owners of the property have subsequently re-visited their development proposal with Agricultural Land Commission (ALC) officials and re-located some of their uses on to adjacent properties, with the blessing of the ALC. The current proposal for OCP/Rezoning amendment is to align with the approvals given by the ALC.
This application is a new proposal to include these adjacent properties north of the CPR main line into the overall development plan by re-designating the new portions of property from RSC Rural Resource to RC – Resort Commercial and to rezone from RH - Rural Holdings to CDB4 – Comprehensive Development B4 (Illecillewaet Development Inc.). Additionally, the original Development Areas recognized in the CDB4 zone are required to be re-aligned and new Development Areas, including some new permitted uses in each area, added to reflect the new proposal.
Temporary Use Permit No 850-03 (renewal)
Owner/ Applicant: Harry Scott Renaud and Michelle Anne Renaud Ltd.
Legal Description: Lot 1 Section 21 Township 23 Range 2 W6M KD Plan NEP21998
Civic Addresses: 1624 and 1630 Mt. Begbie Road
On July 23rd , 2015, Development Services staff held a meeting in Revelstoke to present options on how to bring vacation rentals into compliance with Electoral Area 'B' Zoning Bylaw No. 851. Owners of properties being used for vacation rentals were contacted and invited to this meeting. The applicants attended the meeting and subsequently are applying for a 3 year Temporary Use Permit (TUP) to allow a vacation rental on the subject property. There are currently two single family dwellings on the property, and the applicants reside in one of the single family dwellings.
4. Applicant/Agent Presentation
5. APC Discussion
6. APC Recommendations