Thursday, July 22, 2021
Pursuant to the Emergency Program Act, an Evacuation Order has been issued by the Columbia Shuswap Regional District at the Shuswap Emergency Program's Emergency Operations Centre due to the danger to life safety caused by a wildfire burning near Seymour Arm in Electoral Area F. This order is being given to the public in advance to give them as much notice of the Order as possible.
This Evacuation Order will go in effect on July 22, 2021 at 20 Hours
The Evacuation Order is in effect for the following areas:
- All properties within the community of Seymour Arm east and south of Seymour Arm Bay Road.
- Seymour River Road including Tipman Road, Bradley Road and all boat-in only properties in the vicinity of Tranquility Bay.
- This order excludes the following addresses: 1142, 1158, 1306 Seymour Arm Bay Road.
View the Final July 22 2021 Evacuation Order Hunakwa Seymour Arm East Side (PDF).
You must leave the area immediately after 20 hours
What you should do:
- There is limited commercial lodging available at this time. If your property is your primary residence and you cannot stay with family or friends, please report to the Reception Centre at the Lakeview Community Centre, 7703 Squilax-Anglemont Road, Anglemont, to register.
- Residents can assist the registration process by self-registering with Emergency Support Services online. You can also search this on Google using the term BC Evacuation Registration and Assistance. When registering, please indicate your community as Seymour Arm.
- If you need assistance with transportation from the area, please call 250-833-3350.
- Close and lock all windows and doors. Shut off gas and electrical appliances, other than refrigerators and freezers.
- Gather your family. Take pets in pet kennels or on a leash. Take critical items (medicine, purse, wallet, keys and grab-and-go bag).
- Do not use more vehicles than needed. If time permits, check with neighbours and assist those with special needs.
- Regularly monitor the CSRD website, the Shuswap Emergency Program's (SEP) webpage, SEP on Facebook and Twitter, the CSRD's Facebook and CSRD's Twitter platforms or local news sources for accurate information.
- For update on wildfire information, see the BC Wildfire Service.
For more information, contact:
CSRD Emergency Operations Centre