News Flash Home
The original item was published from 2/21/2022 12:33:00 PM to 7/26/2022 12:00:01 AM.
Posted on: July 25, 2021
[ARCHIVED] Update - Shuswap Fire Situation - July 25 - 10:45 Hours
Sunday, July 25, 2021
Two Mile Fire
- Fire remains at 1,000+ Hectares. Getting accurate mapping is currently difficult due to the smoke conditions hampering the aerial surveys.
- BC Wildfire Service still has 28 firefighters working the fire, Structural Protection Units (SPU) remain on scene and have day and night crews set up. The highway remains closed. There are no changes to evacuation orders and alerts.
Hunakwa Lake Fire
- The best estimate from BC Wildfire on fire size is 2,000+ hectares. Getting accurate mapping is currently difficult due to the smoke conditions hampering the aerial surveys.
- There are still 14 BCWS firefighters and two helicopters working in the area, as well as heavy equipment that continues to build guard. The guard was widened, especially in the area of the 8 Mile point of the 1200 FSR yesterday. Structural Protection Units (SPU) remain on scene and have day and night crews set up to help protect the community.
Three Valley Lake
- The fire continues to burn out of control but is moving upslope away from the Three Valley Gap Chateau at this time.
- SPUs remain mobilized with sprinklers in place. CP Rail has been using their trains to spray vegetation with water and fire retardant to protect the line.