Monday, August 16, 2021
All Evacuation Orders and Alerts, including the ones issued on August 15, remain unchanged at this time.
White Rock Lake Fire (62,273 hectares)
- Fueled by the predicted high winds and hot temperatures, this fire increased in size along all fire perimeters.
- Due to the significant fire activity yesterday, every division working on this fire is reassessing containment lines for breaches this morning.
- Crews, equipment, and aerial resources will continue to defend remaining guards and containment lines. Structure protection and BC Wildfire Service crews are working 24/7 around affected communities.
- There was no structure loss or damage in any of the affected areas of the CSRD. For information on fire impacts to other areas, please refer to the local government in those areas.
Two Mile Fire ( 1,619 hectares)
- As predicted, increased winds created some fire spread to the north yesterday, however, there was limited growth overnight.
- On the west side of the fire, crews have made excellent progress on securing the flank above the community of Sicamous. Crews continue to work on the south and north sides of the fire, wrapping around towards the east with machine guards and hand-cleared guards.
- Structure protection equipment is installed on two cabins to the northeast.
Hunakwa (3,601 hectares) and Momich Lake Fire (16,534 hectares)
- Crews continues to mop up and patrol for any hotspots that may impact the Hunakwa Lake Fire guard on the west and north side of the fire, near the community of Seymour Arm.
- Sprinklers are going to be installed along the Hunakwa Lake fire's southern guard to limit spread in this area.
- The Momich Lake Fire joined with the Michael Creek Fire, which was located just northeast of Adams Lake.
- BC Wildfire Service reports the Momich Lake wildfire is is not currently advancing towards Seymour Arm.
Crazy Creek Gorge FSR (4,001 hectares)
- The expected increase in winds resulted in increased fire behaviour yesterday.
- Despite the higher winds, there were no containment lines breached last night.
- Structural protection set up is now complete in Pete Martin Bay, Queest and structures south of the community of Queest. Structure protection was completed for 12 additional structures in
- Narrows Village south of Queest Village yesterday. This equipment will continue to be monitored.