Wednesday, August 18, 2021
The Evacuation Order issued by the Columbia Shuswap Regional District through the Shuswap Emergency Program due to the danger to life safety caused by a wildfire burning near White Rock Lake is hereby partially rescinded effective Wednesday, August 18, 2021 at 0900 Hours.
All properties in the rescind area revert to Evacuation Alert status and residents must remain ready to leave their homes again on short notice if the fire situation changes
The areas now on Evacuation Alert status are as follows:
- All addresses at Falkland, Cedar Hill (Sweetsbridge), Six Mile Road, Joyce Lake, Glenemma.
- Yankee Flats north to 1924 Yankee Flats Road and Salmon Valley North to 1912 Salmon River Road, as shown on the map.
An Evacuation Order remains in place for the area around Pinaus Lake.
Please refer to attached map for details:
View Evacuation Rescind and Map (PDF)
what should you do when returning home after an evacuation:
- Pay attention to any directions given by local authorities
- Pack some supplies, like bottled water, flashlight, garbage bags, closed toed-shoes, a first-aid kit, gloves
- Walk the perimeter. Take note of any out-of-place wiring, gas smells or loose debris. If you notice downed power lines or a gas small contact BC Hydro or Fortis before entering your house.
- Enter your house carefully and check the main power breaker
- When in doubt, throw it out. Food and drinks may need to be tossed when you return home, especially due to the frequent power outages in the area.
- Photograph any damage. This can help with home insurance claims.
- Contact your insurance broker regarding damage or additional expenses that may be covered.
Regularly monitor the CSRD website, the Shuswap Emergency Program's (SEP) webpage, the Shuswap Emergency on Facebook and Twitter, the CSRD's Facebook, Twitter platforms. Or sign up for Alertable, our new emergency mass notification system.
For update on wildfire information, see the BC Wildfire Service.
For updates on road conditions, see DriveBC.
For more information, contact:
CSRD Emergency Operations Centre