Friday, August 6, 2021
Please note: we will be updating the White Rock Lake fire, which is affecting Falkland, in a separate post.
Two Mile Fire
- BC Wildfire Service (BCWS) crews are making excellent progress on securing the west flank above the community with the objective of keeping the fire high on the slope, away from the community of Sicamous.
- Crews are securing flanks on the southeast from Hummingbird Creek along Highway 97A to the northwest.
- Helicopters will continue to use bucketing, if visibility allows.
Crazy Creek Gorge FSR Fire
- Due to more accurate mapping, the fire is now mapped at 2,635 hectares.
- Crews will continue to set up structure protection in the areas of Queest and Pete Martin Bay.
- Firefighters will be establishing a hose-line around the community of Pete Martin Bay and Queest over the next couple days.
- BCWS continues to work on the west and north side of the fire near the community of Seymour Arm.
- Helicopters were able to bucket water onto this fire yesterday, August 5. Aircraft use is dependent on smoke and weather.
Three Valley Lake
- Over the past 24 hours, crew have been on site and are continuing to secure the southwest flank, near the Trans-Canada Highway and will continue to monitor it.
- Structural Protection Specialists were on site yesterday and will maintain the current Structure Protection set ups.