Tuesday, August 24, 2021
White Rock Lake Fire
- Today's conditions are favourable for the BC Wildfire Service (BCWS) so a small-scale planned ignition was conducted along the eastern flank of the fire perimeter. The goal is to remove approximately 150 hectares of fuel that exists between the established control line and the fire. Increased smoke will be highly visible to nearby communities.
- BC Wildfire Service is planning a larger scale ignition to target the northeast flank, near Irish and Six Mile creeks, covering upwards of 3,000 hectares as soon as tomorrow, Wednesday, August 25. This will create significant amounts of smoke that will be visible in the Falkland and Glenemma areas.
- The Evacuation Order for Pinaus Lake and Evacuation Alert for Falkland, Cedar Hill and Yankee Flats remains in effect.
- Today, the CSRD sent two three-person crews and two trucks to assist with firefighting efforts on the White Rock Lake fire.
Two Mile Fire
- BCWS crews are currently working to extinguish spot fires burning in steep gullies to keep the fire from spreading into the Yard Creek drainage.
- Today crews will also continue working to tie the north flank in to the high elevation alpine areas.
Crazy Creek Gorge FSR Fire
- Yesterday, BCWS crews tied fire guard into a scree slope, which is a natural containment boundary.
- Today, crews will be mopping up the line from the lake all the way up to the alpine, conducting patrols and working to extinguish fire inside the current fire perimeter boundaries.
This will be the only fire update today unless fire conditions change significantly in the CSRD.