Friday, August 27, 2021
White Rock Lake Fire:
- The CSRD's Evacuation Order for Pinaus Lake and the Evacuation Alert for Falkland, Cedar Hill, and Yankee Flats remains unchanged.
- BC Wildfire Service (BCWS) is reporting positive progress in fire suppression on all flanks of the fire.
- A planned ignition of approximately 3,000 hectares on the northeastern flank of the fire affecting Falkland will not take place today, August 27, due to wind speed and direction.
- BCWS is still planning to conduct this ignition operation, however, it remains contingent on weather conditions. BCWS is committed to alerting the public before the planned ignition prior goes ahead, as it will generate significant smoke.
- Along the north flank of the fire, an infrared drone scan was completed to help crews identify and extinguish hotspots within 50 feet of the fire perimeter. Crews today are working on hot spots north of Highway 97.
Please note this update is providing information directly related to areas of the CSRD impacted by the White Rock Lake Fire. For information on other affected communities, please see the BC Wildfire Service (BCWS) or the website of the local government for that area.
The Hunakwa Lake, Two Mile, Crazy Creek Gorge FSRD and Three Valley Lake fires are all classified by BC Wildfire as Being Held. For information on these fires, refer to the BC Wildfire Service.