Wednesday, August 4, 2021
White Rock Lake Fire
- Vigorous fire activity is being observed on the fire today. There is concern regarding forecasted winds of approximately 30 km/h towards to west and southwest. This could intensify fire behaviour.
- Mobile firefighting strike teams have been set up and will be stationed in strategic areas including Westwold and Falkland. BCWS is also placing bulldozers on low-bed trailers so they can be moved quickly into areas of concern.
- Structure protection personnel have completed a full assessment from Monte Lake towards the Falkland Corridor via Highway 97, as well as along Westside Road. Preparations are in place to defend Westwold, Falkland, Cedar Hills, Pinaus Lake, and communities along Westside Road, including Okanagan Indian Band IR#1.
- The status of Evacuation Orders and Alerts is being evaluated frequently.
- To stay aware of the evolving situation, sign up for Alertable, the CSRD's new emergency mass notification system. Or regularly monitor the CSRD website, the Shuswap Emergency Program (SEP) webpage, SEP on Facebook and Twitter or local news sources for accurate information.
Two Mile Fire
- Resources on this fire include: 58 firefighters, three helicopters, 10 pieces of heavy equipment, 46 firefighters, five water tenders, and four fire management personnel are assigned to this incident.
- Crews are making excellent progress on the northwest flank above the community keeping the fire high on the slope away from the community below. Work is being done on securing flanks on the southeast from Hummingbird Creek along Highway 97A to the northwest.
- This wildfire remains classified as Out of Control by the BC Wildfire Service (BCWS). Residents on Evacuation Alert need to stay prepared in case the fire situation shifts.
Crazy Creek Gorge FSR Fire
- Fire behaviour was reduced by rain, which is allowing an opportunity for closer monitoring and better mapping efforts.
- BCWS is working with private industry partners on appropriate guard placement. Residents in the area should be aware of heavy equipment on the Wilson FSR and Anesty FSR.
- An Evacuation Order is still in place.
- Crews continue to secure northwest corner protecting structures and the community.
- The BCWS continues to work with industry as they bring in heavy equipment to widen roads and construct containment lines around the community. CSRD firefighters and Structure Protection Units are also on scene.
- There is no change to current Evacuation Orders or Alerts.