Monday, August 2, 2021
Pursuant to the Emergency Program Act, an Evacuation Order has been issued by the Columbia Shuswap Regional District (CSRD) at the Shuswap Emergency Program's Emergency Operations Centre due to an immediate danger to life safety caused by a wildfire burning near Humamilt Lake. The Evacuation Order is in effect for the following area:
The west end of Humamilt Lake located northwest of the Seymour Arm of Shuswap Lake and east of Adams Lake and Momich Lake. This affects one property.
See attached map for details. View the August 1 2021 Humamilt Lake Evacuation Order and Map (PDF).
You must leave the area immediately
What you should do:
- Residents can assist the registration process by self-registering with Emergency Support Services. You can also search this on Google using the term BC Evacuation Registration and Assistance. When registering, please indicate your community as Seymour Arm.
- If you need assistance with transportation from the area, call 250-833-3350.
- Close and lock all windows and doors. Shut off gas and electrical appliances, other than refrigerators and freezers.
- Gather your family. Take pets in pet kennels or on a leash.
- Take critical items (medicine, purse, wallet, keys and grab-and-go bag) only if they are immediately available.
- Do not use more vehicles than needed. If time permits, check with neighbours and assist those with special needs.
- Regularly monitor the CSRD website, the Shuswap Emergency Program's (SEP) webpage, the Shuswap Emergency on Facebook and Twitter, the CSRD's Facebook, Twitter platforms or local news sources for up-to-date and accurate information. Or sign up for Alertable, our new emergency mass notification system.
For update on wildfire information, see the BC Wildfire Service.
For more information, contact:
CSRD Emergency Operations Centre