Monday, December 13, 2021
Work is underway to get the CSRD's four outdoor skating rinks ready for outdoor recreation this season.
Outdoor rinks are constructed for public skating at:
- Parson Community Park at 3612 Highway 95, Parson
- Farrell's Field at 5051 Meadow Creek Road, Celista
- Sorrento-Blind Bay Community Park at 2670 Davidson Road, Sorrento
- Silver Creek Community Park at 1577 Salmon River Road, Silver Creek
The ability to open the outdoor rinks is entirely weather dependent. Parks contractors are working on getting ice made and the rinks open safely as soon as conditions allow. Temperatures are predicted to be colder around the region this week, which will help with getting the appropriate ice surface ready. As conditions differ widely across the region, it is difficult to predict an opening day for each rink at this time.
COVID-19 protocols are in place for using the rink including:
- Changing rooms and warming rooms at Parson and Farrell's Field will be closed
- No campfires are permitted
- There is to be no sharing of equipment such as hockey sticks or skate aids
- Before use, stop and do a self check. If you are experiencing symptoms such as cough, fever, or difficulty breathing, you are not permitted to use the facility
- Organized adult groups or events will not be permitted without a valid park permit and COVID-19 Safety Plan
The CSRD asks patrons to respect the rules in order that these public amenities can be used and enjoyed this winter season.
Check our websites: Facebook, Twitter or Instagram pages to find out which rinks are open.