Shuswap Tourism Advisory Committee
Shuswap Tourism and the Columbia Shuswap Regional District (CSRD) is looking for volunteers interested in joining the Shuswap Tourism Advisory Committee as tourism industry representatives.
Submit your Expression of Interest form online.
The deadline to receive Expressions of Interest has been extended to December 2, 2022.
This committee is made up of stakeholders, Indigenous representatives from each band in the Secwépemc territory within the Shuswap Tourism boundaries and tourism industry representatives.
The role of the Committee is to provide input and recommendations to the Team Leader on tourism initiatives that include:
- Participating in strategy sessions to update and maintain the five-year strategic plan.
- Providing recommendations of ideas to the annual work plan that accompany the goals and deliverables stated in the five-year strategic plan.
- Putting forward committee recommendations to the CSRD Board in regards to various topics that will arise during the committee meetings.
- Attending approximately 2-4 meetings per calendar year, for industry members.
For more information on the committee, see the Terms of Reference (PDF).
Industry members will be appointed by CSRD Board after submitting an expression of interest designed to identify individuals having a specific experience/knowledge of tourism or destination marketing, visitor services or related and relevant skills. Preference will be given to these individuals that capture broad representation from a wide range of tourism-sector knowledge and/or experience such as:
- Arts, culture, heritage
- Activity operators/organizations
- Sports tourism
- Wine, beer, spirit, or cider producers