The Revelstoke Airport (CYRV) is a registered aerodrome owned and operated by the CSRD. The Airport is located approximately five kilometres south of the City of Revelstoke. The Airport operates as a day Visual Flight Rules (VFR) facility. The paved runway (4,825 ft x 75 ft) is constructed on an engineered peninsula. Taxiways Alpha and Bravo are paved and marked with stop lines, nose wheel centre lines, taxiway delineators and runway details.
A global navigation satellite system (GNSS) LNAV approach is available and currently published in NAV Canada Restricted Canadian Air Pilot (R-CAP).
The Revelstoke Airport is home to:
- the Revelstoke Flying Club
- private aircraft
- a fixed-wing charter operator
- a rotary-wing charter operator
- Ministry of Forests Air Support tanker base and initial attack base
- Nav Canada Automated Weather Observation System with webcams
- Environment Canada Air Quality Monitoring Station
Airport facilities currently include a terminal building, T-hangars for both private and commercial operations and fueling facilities for Jet A and AvGas type fuel.
The Airport Terminal Building contains a small lounge area, washrooms and office spaces. For overnight camping Williamsons Lake RV Park is one kilometre from the Airport and has full camping facilities.
Revelstoke Airport Manager
Team Leader, Community Services