The Revelstoke Airport (CYRV) is a registered aerodrome owned and operated by the CSRD. The Airport is located approximately five kilometres south of the City of Revelstoke. The Airport operates as a day Visual Flight Rules (VFR) facility. The paved runway (4,825 ft x 75 ft) is constructed on an engineered peninsula. Taxiways Alpha and Bravo are paved and marked with stop lines, nose wheel centre lines, taxiway delineators and runway details.
A global navigation satellite system (GNSS) LNAV approach is available and currently published in NAV Canada Restricted Canadian Air Pilot (R-CAP).
The Revelstoke Airport is home to:
- the Revelstoke Flying Club
- private aircraft
- a fixed-wing charter operator
- a rotary-wing charter operator
- Ministry of Forests Air Support tanker base and initial attack base
- Nav Canada Automated Weather Observation System with webcams
- Environment Canada Air Quality Monitoring Station
Airport facilities currently include a terminal building, T-hangars for both private and commercial operations and fueling facilities for Jet A and AvGas type fuel.
The Airport Terminal Building contains a small lounge area, washrooms and office spaces. For overnight camping Williamsons Lake RV Park is one kilometre from the Airport and has full camping facilities.
Team Leader, Community Services