From 1914 to 1956, a public ferry ran between Scotch Creek and Sorrento. Prior to the government ferry, various individuals would transport people and goods across the lake in a row boat. The first Captain, Disney Poole, built his house on the west side of Wharf Road in 1928. Since then the house has been moved further north up Wharf Road. Today, this area is known as Scotch Creek Wharf Road Community Park. It is a popular destination in the summer months for locals and visitors alike. There is over 100 metres of south facing beach, with a picnic area, vault toilet, garbage receptacles and recycling container for public convenience. Scotch Creek Wharf Road is crown land operated under a License of Occupation held by the CSRD. Parking is available for 6-8 cars.
Scotch Creek Wharf Road Community Park
Turn off of the Trans Canada Highway onto Squilax Anglemont Road. Proceed across Little River Bridge and east on Squilax Anglemont Road for 17.1 km to Scotch Creek. Turn south at gas station onto Scotch Creek Wharf Road and proceed 1.3 km to Scotch Creek Wharf Road Community Park.
Address: 1014 Wharf Rd, Scotch Creek, BC