Subdivision Servicing Bylaw No. 641 applies to all Electoral Areas within the Columbia Shuswap Regional District.  If you are applying for a subdivision, this bylaw applies to you.

Subdivision Servicing Bylaw No. 641
Quick Links

Proposed Subdivision Servicing Amendment (CSRD) Bylaw No. 641-2

January 2018 - Update

The CSRD is contemplating amendments to Subdivision Servicing Bylaw No. 641. The proposed amendments were initially to account for changes in legislation from the Provincial Government, most notably, the Water Sustainability Act, and associated regulations.

If you have been through the subdivision process or have technical expertise in either the process or the servicing requirements, the CSRD would like to obtain your input into the existing bylaw and the proposed amendments.

Read More »


Subdivision Servicing Bylaw No. 641
(with schedules, the complete document)

Number Electoral Area  
Subdivision Servicing Bylaw No. 641 641 All Areas Link


Quick Links  
General Requirements for Pump Tests Link
Pump Test Monitoring for the Proposed Well Link
Pump Test Monitoring for the Adjacent Wells Link
Procedures for Assessment & Demonstration of Water Availability Link
Guidelines for Assessment & Demonstration of Water Quality Link
Figure B.3 - Drawdown and Recovery Diagram Link


You must apply to both the CSRD and Ministry of Transportation for subdivision.  See the How Do I Apply? below for details.

CSRD Subdivision Application Form


Subdivision within the electoral areas or non-municipal portions of the Regional District is approved by the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure. The Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure refers each application for subdivision to a variety of public agencies and ministries as well as the Regional District, for comment on such issues as septic disposal, heritage or archeological importance, flood potential, habitat conflict and local regulation.

The information below describes the role of the Regional District in the subdivision approval process.  Go to the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure's approval process for rural subdivisions, to learn about their process.

Contact Us