CSRD Building Bylaw No. 660 was adopted by the CSRD Board of Directors February, 15, 2018. Starting March 5, 2018, Bylaw No. 660 implements a building regulation and inspection service in Electoral Area E (Rural Sicamous) for reasons of health, safety and protection of persons and property.
Most new building construction, renovation, addition, or demolition in Electoral Area E will require that:
- the property owner submit a complete building permit application to CSRD;
- the CSRD issue a building permit prior to construction beginning; and,
- the CSRD Building Inspector complete six inspections during construction and prior to the granting of building occupancy.
It is the goal of the CSRD to make the implementation of the new building regulation and inspection service in Electoral Area E as smooth as possible.
Property owners and members of the construction industry are encouraged to contact the CSRD Building Department to obtain information about the new building regulation and inspection service in Electoral Area E, including the following:
- uses, activities and types of construction permitted on a property;
- types of new construction, renovation, addition, or demolition that require a building permit;
- regulations of the BC Building Code;
- obligations of a property owner to receive a building permit;
- information required for a complete building permit application;
- building permit application and review process, including timing and costs;
- obligations of a property owner to follow the requirements of an issued building permit; and,
- the six building inspections to be conducted by a CSRD Building Inspector.
Staff in the CSRD Building Department can be contacted at: 1.888.248.2773 or 250.832.8194, or firstname.lastname@example.org.